Job description - Sales Support Specialist
This position is responsible for expanding the effectiveness of GK Machine's sales team, by helping quantify customer requirements and working with internal teams to help create and deliver quotations. In addition, this position is also responsible for providing complete, accurate and timely updating, forecasting and sales process status reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to gather customer requirements and work with internal teams to create and deliver quotations.
- Plan, manage, coordinate and follow up on customer telephone calls, e-mails, and appointments on behalf of staff as directed.
- Act as a point of contact between internal clients, including engineers, management, customer service, administration and outside clients.
- Manage the complete Purchase Order (PO).
- Work with engineers to generate Bills of Material (BOM) as needed.
- Provide complete, accurate and timely updating, forecasting and, sales status reports.
- Ensure accurate receipt of customer orders and seamless handoff.
- Monitor order progress to ensure customer expectations for delivery are communicated and met.
- Investigate and resolve customer issues regarding product and/or service delivery; communicate status to sales and/or customer on a timely basis.
- Oversee customer cases and act as a point of contact for the Parts/Service Desk as directed.
- Provide support for meetings in order to track progress on project milestones and to track and resolve issues.
- Manage aspects of project work and all or a portion of the overall execution of projects (as directed by team lead and/or sales department).
- Maintain an organized customer database, as well as put together project files in a timely manner.
- Responsible for following the current policies and procedures for tracking your activities in our sales database.
- May assist with preparation of marketing materials, maintain marketing materials inventory, serve as liaison with print shop vendors or distribute literature.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Education - Some college preferred.
- Experience - 2 years excellent Sales and Customer Service experience.
- Microsoft Office, previous experience with some Sales software or ERP a plus
- Mechanical or Equipment knowledge helpful.