Job description - Paint Assistant
Full Time - Day Shift - Overtime Available
Assist department by sanding, masking, cleaning and then loading parts onto racks in preparation for paint or powder coating operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare parts for paint by sanding, masking and cleaning.
- Properly load parts on racks in order to achieve desired paint results.
- Properly identify and tag parts.
- Ensure the flow of Work Orders is maintained as directed by following schedule and proper staging of jobs.
- Complete assigned work within given timeframe and according to specifications.
- Assist in maintenance, cleaning and repair of equipment as assigned.
- Keep all work areas including staging area clean and organized, emptying scrap and garbage containers as necessary.
- Facilitate work-order paper flow in accordance with GK and ISO quality standards.
- Participate in training co-workers.
- Maintain all quality standards in accordance with the specifications for each job in order to meet customer requirements and satisfaction.
Qualifications and Experience
- Required: High School diploma or GED from an accredited school system or program.
- Preferred: at least 6 months of related experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Possess knowledge of and ability to identify fabrication industry metals.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.