Job description - Fabricator / Welder
Full Time - Day Shift - Overtime available
The primary responsibility of the fabricator is the welding and fabrication of GK products using a variety of materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify universal weld symbols and various materials, so you will be able to both describe and perform proper welding procedures
- Understand work prior to beginning each job by studying work orders, drawings/plans, materials, specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and welding parameters: interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Weld with various types of wire and rods.
- Avoid overheating parts and pay attention while fitting, burning and welding them to prevent any warping, shrinking, distortion or expansion of the material.
- Fabricate to the specified tolerances laid out for each job.
- Examine work pieces for defects using proper measuring tools to ensure conformance with specification.
- Complete assigned work within given timeframe according to specification.
- Report all non-conforming material to Supervisor immediately.
- Notify department lead of parts shortages and other issues.
- Ensure all finished jobs are marked with identification tags and all checklists and forms are completed as per ISO and GK standards.
- Position, align, secure and assemble parts and pieces in the correct sequence and stage them accordingly prior to release.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to GK Machine safety procedures and regulations.
- Follow GK protocols on the proper use of cranes.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Required: High School diploma or GED from an accredited school system or program.
- 3-5 years’ fabrication experience preferred with all types of mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
- Possess a solid understanding of welding equipment and welding accessories.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, welding process specifications and welding symbols.
- Must have the ability to weld in all positions with good penetration and quality.
- Good verbal communication skill.
- Mathematics: Basic mathematic skills are required.
- A written test and a welding test will be administered as part of the application process.