Job description - Senior Buyer
The Senior Buyer is responsible for coordinating and forecasting production and non-production requirements, negotiating vendor terms as well as pricing and delivery schedules in order to achieve maximum benefit to GK Machine.
- Manage supply chain and supplier relations in conjunction with Purchasing Manager.
- Work cooperatively with each department to maintain materials/MRO required
- Purchase product and services per demand
- Provide information to Sales, Engineering and Management regarding trends in market prices, price fluctuation, and discontinuations
- Assist in determining inventory levels (safety stock, min/max levels, etc.)
- Qualify suppliers per GK’s quality standards
- Negotiate favorable discounts and terms of purchase
- Keep supplier information up-to-date at all times
- Evaluate supplier performance based on customer service, on time deliveries, price, material quality, etc.
- Investigate supplier discrepancies and communicate with vendors regarding product quality, damage, invoice errors, returns, etc.
- Keep MRP information current (costs, terms, stock codes, descriptions, etc.)
- Required: Associates degree from an accredited school system or program, at least 5 years’ experience in a procurement position in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Preferred: B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited four-year institution and 5 years’ experience in a Senior Purchasing position in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of MRP/ERP programs.
Full Time ~ Day Shift ~ Salary D.O.E.