Job description - Manufacturing Cost Estimator
Full Time ~ Day Shift ~ Salary Range $21-$26 and up D.O.E. ~ Minimum 2+ years' experience in a metal fabrication and/or machining or a manufacturing environment
The Quoter serves a vital function by preparing accurate quotes for new and existing customers. They will estimate the cost of redesigning, producing, and developing products or services, such as equipment, machines, sub-assemblies, and parts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Use Excel and Microsoft Office to estimate the cost of redesigning, producing, or developing products or services, such as home appliances, vehicles, or software systems.
- Gather information on materials needed, labor required, packaging, delivery, and other factors
- Identify cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses
- Evaluate a product’s profitability or cost-effectiveness
- Communicate with clients, engineers, and contractors to gather information on estimates
- Read technical documents and/or blueprints in order to prepare estimates
- Collaborate with sales teams to prepare estimates and bids for clients
- Use computer software to input data and calculate estimates
- Develop a plan for the duration of any large project
- Recommend ways to make an existing product more cost-effective or profitable