Job description - Lead Laser Operator
Full Time ~ Swing Shift ~ Overtime available ~ Starting wage $18 and up D.O.E. ~ 1+ year experience preferred
Work as the Team Leader of GK's Laser/Form evening shift to operate and maintain Laser, Plasma and Forming machinery within GK Machine's production setting. You will help in operating the Laser, Plasma and Forming machinery within GK's production setting as outlined by each jobs engineering specifications and drawings.
Lead Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the work of employees, provide feedback and perform coaching and training when needed.
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities, preparing schedule and outlining duties.
- Supervise the upkeep of a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations, including enforcing OSHA and GK safety guidelines and company standards.
- Ensure all checklists, forms and paperwork are properly completed and signed off as per ISOA and GK standards.
- Motivate your team through leading by example, showing efficiency and problem solving while demonstrating excellent communication skills.
- Continually check jobs for quality thorough completion and implement corrective actions to prevent problems from reoccurring.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily machine startup and shutdown procedures on CNC cutting equipment.
- Stage raw materials at each work-center for the day’s production.
- Know and use proper rigging techniques to load and unload machines.
- Ensure production schedule follow through as allocated by the scheduling department.
- Assist in loading and unloading team members’ machines when production requires additional manpower to maintain throughput.
- Perform minor maintenance and cleaning of cutting equipment and work area in accordance with company standards and manufacturers machine recommendations.
- Perform some machine alignment procedures, optic cleaning to keep equipment at peak operating performance.
- Operate single or multiple machines simultaneously when required.