Job description - Receiving Clerk - Inventory/Parts Position
Full-Time ~ Day Shift ~ Starting wage $18-$21 D.O.E. ~ 1+ year experience preferred
Working as an integral member of the Shipping & Receiving team, you will be responsible for maintaining accurate physical receiving of materials and purchased products in order to maintain the integrity of inventory control and ensure delivery of materials and products to the proper department. Maintain inventory on the production floor, ensuring the appropriate parts and quantities were stocked accurately to improve efficiency, flow, and production. To reduce cost and inventory values by monitoring part placement, discrepancies, and unused inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately and efficiently receive incoming purchased products and materials.
- Ensure proper labeling and inventory levels, keep shelves neat and organized, solve any inventory discrepancies, locate missing parts, and determine if they are miss-issued.
- Pull and issue respective work orders in a timely fashion and make requisitions to the Purchasing Dept. for parts to be ordered as needed.
Manage Parts for Production:
- Pull lists in a timely manner per due date and long lead items, assist with bill of materials, issue materials to work orders, and check and correct job status sheets.
- Deliver products promptly to the appropriate departments and locations, ensure proper labeling, and maintain neat and orderly production supply shelves.
- Work with project managers when closing jobs to ensure proper issuing/un-issuing of parts, correctly label and restock inventory items, or arrange for returns as needed.