Job description - Stainless Steel Finisher
Full Time - Day Shift - Overtime Available - Starting wage $15-18 and up D.O.E. - Stainless steel experience required
The primary responsibility of the Stainless Finisher is to safely perform a variety of finishing functions such as precision smoothing, grinding, deburring, and polishing stainless steel to a range of finishes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate high proficiency in grinding and finishing to very specific and high-quality standards.
- Grind and smooth out welded seams and joints, and then polish and blend cosmetic finish on stainless steel.
- Examine work pieces for defects using proper measuring tools to ensure conformance with specifications. Examine and feel surface of metal to detect defects, such as dents, scratches or breaks.
- Perform general labor tasks including light lifting and moving of materials.
- Assist in maintenance, cleaning, and repair of equipment as assigned.
- Understand work prior to beginning each job by studying work orders, drawings/plans, materials, specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and parameters.
- Complete assigned work within given time frame according to specification.
- Report all non-conforming material to Supervisor immediately.