Job description - Manufacturing Planner
Full Time - Salary D.O.E. - Experienced professional planner needed
Working as an integral part of our Planning Team you will help plan and manage the production schedules, in both a job shop and in a scheduled production environment. You will help meet customer delivery requirements, utilize the production capacity and manage inventory levels to manufacture GK Machine's line of Agricultural Equipment and Contract Manufacturing (CM) projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and prepares production schedule; publish master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to customer orders.
- Maintain Syspro Material Requirement Planning system (MRP) system. This includes review of planning factors and documents used to create and schedule demand for purchased, fabricated and assembled requirements.
- Manages inventory levels, schedules the availability of selected items, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules.
- Release job booklets through Leadman system to the production floor. Receive completed job booklets and release back to Project Manager through Leadman for review and closing jobs.
- Attend and interact with other departments in weekly production meeting, and other relevant meetings.
- Manage and assist with special projects to eliminate issues or streamline processes.
- Regularly interact with Purchasing and Operations managers to inform of any issues, potential and actual, that could affect production goals, quality levels, and customer delivery times.
- Required: High School diploma, GED from an accredited school system or program and at least 2 years in a Planning position within a manufacturing environment.
- Preferred: B.S. or B.A. degree in business or supply chain management or a field related to the manufacturing from an accredited institution. Experience with Lean processing and ISO quality system requirements.