Job Description - General Fabricator - Level 2 (mild steel)
Full Time - Day Shift - Starting wage $22-$25 per hour and up depending on experience.
Working as an integral part of our fabrication team, you will help by welding and fabricating a variety of materials as outlined by their engineering specifications and drawings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- All competencies from level 1, and;
- Able to weld all positions with GMAW (MIG), solid or cored filler material.
- Fabricate intermediate level jobs using basic layout tools (tape measures, angle finder, squares, etc.)
- Proficient with understanding print tolerances and dimensions.
- Intermediate weld print reading.
- Understand how to adjust welding machine settings for multiple material grades, thicknesses, and filler material types.
- Read and follow weld procedures. Understanding pre-heat for high strength steels.
- Able to operate essential fabrication equipment such as jib crane, sheer, hand held plasma cutter, cutting torch, etc.
- The development of critical thinking and problem solving to improve processes and efficiency.
- Learn fabrication techniques such as heat straightening and the use of bracing and strong bars to prevent warpage.