Job Description - General Fabricator - Level 3 (mild steel)
Full Time - Day Shift - Starting wage $26-$30 per hour and up depending on experience.
Working as an integral part of our fabrication team, you will help by welding and fabricating a variety of materials as outlined by their engineering specifications and drawings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- All competencies from level 1, 2, and;
- Fabricate advanced level jobs using complex layout techniques.
- Proficient at understanding and holding tight tolerances and dimensions including ability to understand basic GD&T.
- Be able to break large jobs into sub weldments.
- Advanced complex print reading of large weldments.
- Able to weld various dissimilar metals. (A514, 4140, etc.).
- Able to operate all GK fabrication equipment such as jib /overhead crane, rolls, sheer, hand held plasma cutter, cutting torch, tubing bender, etc.
- Complete tasks independently with no or little supervision.
- Able to trouble shoot issues and solve complex problems while working directly with engineering to evaluate design changes to increase efficiency and process improvements.
- Able to provide finishes to GK grade A standards.
- Training of level 1 and 2 employees.
- Advanced straightening techniques.
- Development of strong leadership skills with a desire to train other fabricators.
- Desire to drive company production and safety objectives as a dependable role model with a professional attitude.