Job Description - General Fabricator – Level 3 (mild steel)
Full Time - $26-$30 per hour and up, depending on experience - 5+ years' experience
Join our outstanding fabrication team! You will weld and fabricate various materials as outlined in engineering specifications and drawings.
General Fabricator Level 1 (mild steel) Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to weld flat and horizontal with GMAW (MIG), solid, or cored filler material.
- Fabricate using jigs and fixtures.
- Understand essential print tolerance per print title block.
- Basic weld print reading and understanding of how to adjust welding machine settings.
- Read and follow weld procedures.
- Able to sand/grind to GK grade B finish.
- Understands basic AWS weld symbols.
- Able to read a tape measure to 1/32"
General Fabricator Level 2 (mild steel) Duties and Responsibilities:
- All competencies from level 1 and able to weld all positions with GMAW (MIG), solid or cored filler material.
- Fabricate intermediate-level jobs using essential layout tools (tape measures, angle finder, squares, etc.).
- Proficient in understanding print tolerances, dimensions, and intermediate weld print reading.
- Understand how to adjust welding machine settings for multiple material grades, thicknesses, and filler material types.
- Read and follow written and electronic weld procedures.
- Understanding pre-heat for high-strength steel and ability to operate essential fabrication equipment such as jib crane, sheer, handheld plasma cutter, cutting torch, and other tools.
General Fabricator Level 3 (mild steel) Duties and Responsibilities:
- All competencies from levels 1, 2, and; Fabricate advanced level jobs using complex layout techniques.
- Proficient at understanding and holding tight tolerances and dimensions, including the ability to understand basic GD&T.
- Ability to break large jobs into sub-weldments.
- Advanced complex print reading of large weldments and ability to weld various dissimilar metals. (A514, 4140, etc.).
- Experience and understanding of operating all fabrication equipment such as jib /overhead crane, rolls, sheer, handheld plasma cutter, cutting torch, tubing bender, etc.
- Complete tasks independently with no or little supervision.
- Able to troubleshoot issues and solve complex problems while working directly with engineering to evaluate design changes to increase efficiency and process improvements.
- Able to provide finishes to GK grade A standards and advanced straightening techniques.
- Ability to train level 1 and 2 employees.
Strong leadership skills with a desire to train other fabricators. Desire to drive company production and safety objectives as a dependable role model with a professional attitude.