Job Description - Fabricator – Level 3 (stainless steel/aluminum)
Full Time - Day Shift - Starting wage $26-$31 per hour and up depending on experience.
The primary responsibility of the fabricator is the welding and fabrication of GK stainless steel products for both small and large parts and pieces.
Duties and Responsibilities
- All competencies from level 1, 2, and;
- Fabricate advanced level jobs using complex layout techniques in both stainless steel and aluminum, all thicknesses utilizing GMAW and GTAW.
- Proficient at understanding and holding tight tolerances and dimensions including ability to understand basic GD&T.
- Be able to break large jobs into sub weldments.
- Advanced complex print reading of large weldments.
- Able to weld various dissimilar materials.
- Able to operate all GK fabrication equipment such as jib /overhead crane, rolls, sheer, hand held plasma cutter, cutting torch, tubing bender, etc.
- Complete tasks independently with no or little supervision.
- Able to trouble shoot issues and solve complex problems while working directly with engineering to evaluate design changes to increase efficiency and process improvements.
- Able to provide finishes to GK grade A standards as well as bringing welded materials to a 2B or #4 finish after fabrication.
- Training of level 1 and 2 employees.
- Advanced straightening techniques.
- Development of strong leadership skills with a desire to train other fabricators.
- Desire to drive company production and safety objectives as a dependable role model with a professional attitude.