Job description - Mechanical Assembler 2
Full Time - Day shift - Monday thru Friday - 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. - overtime available - starting wage $23-$25, pay determined by experience
Working as an integral part of GK Machine's mechanical assembly team, you will help complete the assembly of finished agricultural and industrial machine products using sub-assemblies, weldments, features, and fasteners as outlined by their engineering specifications and drawings.
Level One Assembly Technician:
- Experience with hydraulic, hand, torque, and air tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering drawings for mechanical assembly purposes.
- Understanding of the Bill of Material to gather material for mechanical assembly.
- Assemble to print by fitting, forming, and by functionality.
- Follow prints for assembly specifications.
- Make, install, and plumb hydraulic hoses and components.
- Examine all connections for the correct fit of fastened parts and subassemblies.
- Assist in assembly repairs as needed.
Level Two Assembly Technician:
Able to perform all skills of Assembler 1 as well as the following:
- Performs semi-routine assembly tasks like electrical installation, hydraulic assembly, or any other designated routine sub-assembly.
- Works independently with the aid of assembly drawings and performs routine and semi-routine assembly and subassembly tasks.
- Read and interpret detailed prints and work instructions, written or verbal to complete the assembly of products according to established guidelines and quality standards.
- Responsible for interpreting the results of specific test procedures, suggesting methods of improvement to the area supervisor, and troubleshooting complex issues.
- Regularly operates production equipment, power tools, and some test equipment while maintaining quality and productivity standards and following safety guidelines.
- At this level, assembly is in the process of learning to build an entire product and will participate in training or checking work for less experienced assemblers.
- Ensures completed jobs are correctly marked and checklists are finished as per ISO and GK standards.