Job description - Sales & Customer Service Representative
The Sales & Customer Service Representative will communicate with customers, following up on leads, and current business in process and make outbound calls to customers as needed. They will quantify customer requirements and work with internal teams to help create and deliver quotations, provide product information, and follow up on work in process directly with customers. In addition, this position is also responsible for providing complete, accurate, and timely updating, forecasting, and sales process status reports to ensure project completion.
The Sales & Customer Service position focuses on understanding, meeting and exceeding the customer's expectations. Much of the communication is via telephone and email, requiring excellent verbal and writing skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of enthusiasm and politeness. You will need to multitask and manage multiple customer priorities. In this position, you will play a fundamental role in achieving the company's ambitious sales and revenue growth objectives as a member of the sales team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Responsible for gathering customer requirements and working with internal teams to create and deliver accurate quotations in a timely manner.
- Plan, manage, coordinate, and follow up on customer telephone calls, e-mails, and appointments on behalf of senior sales staff as requested.
- Act as a point of contact between customers and internal departments, including engineers, estimating, planning, production, and administration.
- Manage customer Purchase Orders (PO) through completion, follow-up to keep current, update sales order dates as requested by planning and purchasing.
- Work with engineers and estimator to generate Bills of Material (BOM) and get technical answers to customer questions as needed.
- Provide complete, accurate, and timely updating, forecasting, and sales status reports.
- Ensure accurate receipt of customer orders and seamless handoff to production.
- Oversee customer cases and act as a point of contact for assigned customer accounts.
- Provide support for customer meetings in order to track progress on project milestones and resolve issues, update timelines and communicate to internal department staff.
- Manage aspects of project work and all or a portion of projects. Write quotes, process PO’s, write sales order, scan and maintain job files.
- Monitor the progress of projects to ensure on-time completion and follow-up as needed, and keep customers informed and updated on any anticipated changes, progress reports and updated delivery date.
- Maintain an organized customer database, responsible for following the current policies and procedures for tracking your activities in the company’s sales database (CRM).
- Excellent customer service and teamwork by responding to emails – assist both internal and external customers promptly, answering phones - assist customers, greeting and working with walk-in visitors as needed.
- Promote and maintain a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Ability to maintain and continually develop accurate product and application knowledge.
- Must be well-organized, and able to work within a fast-paced sales environment and responding to both external and internal customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Strong organization and time management capabilities and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, ability to run reports, update data, and translate information to customers as needed.
EDUCATION, COMPUTER & LANGUAGE SKILLS
Degree from a two or four-year technical college or university or equivalent combination of education and work experience. To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, and have experience with customer relationship management (CRM) tools. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors, and customers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Regularly requires sitting, standing, and moving about our large manufacturing facility. Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes, and odors. Five days per week in the office. No work from home. May require more than 40 hours per week.
- Education - Some college preferred.
- Experience - 2 years of excellent Sales and Customer Service experience.
- Microsoft Office, previous experience with Sales (CRM) software or ERP a plus.
- Mechanical or Equipment knowledge helpful.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work well with others.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.